Country-by-Country for Travelers, Trips, and Tours.
Some reasons why you might consider traveling to Armenia(provided by Wikivoyage):
Armenia (Armenian: Հայաստան Hayastan) is a landlocked country in the Caucasus. Once the center of an empire, this former Soviet republic straddles the line between Europe and Asia. Armenia has a rich, ancient history, and it is most famously known for being the first country in the world to adopt Christianity as an official religion.
A small and mountainous, landlocked country, Armenia almost never fails to surprise visitors. The mountain passes, valleys and canyons make it feel much larger, and Lake Sevan provides a welcome sight, with endless water visible from its southern shores. Given the geographic variation, there is also much variety of climate — there are barren lunar landscapes, forests, snow-capped peaks and alpine lakes. Five percent of the country's surface area consists of Lake Sevan (Sevana Lich), the largest lake in the Lesser Caucasus mountain range.
- 1 Yerevan — the capital, and by far the largest city
- 2 Alaverdi — home of UNESCO World Heritage Site Sanahin Monastery and nearby Haghpat Monastery, in the stunning Debed Canyon
- 3 Dilijan — popular forest resort known as the “Little Switzerland” of Armenia.
- 4 Echmiadzin — the spiritual capital of Armenia, home to the Armenian Catholicos, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 5 Goris — picturesque town near old cave cities, abandoned cliff villages, and the famous Tatev Monastery, on the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 6 Gyumri — Armenia’s 2nd largest city which once dwarfed Yerevan. Small old town area still shows earthquake damage from 1988, but is undergoing a rapid revival.
- 7 Jermuk — famous for its mineral waters, which come out at very high temperature and can be enjoyed at the spas. Ski lifts are under construction.
- 8 Tsaghkadzor — Armenia’s ski destination.
- 9 Vanadzor — Armenia’s 3rd largest city with large Soviet square.
Cheap Charter Flights & Tours
A personal travel agent helping you find the best deals on charter flights and last-minute getaways.
DIY Retreats for $20/day
Get help from a personal travel agent via chat anytime! Starting at $10/month, cancel anytime.
Planning an Expedition?
Let our team of experienced explorers help you in your planning and team building.
Solo City Adventures
From the hottest night spots to some of the best kept secrets, get ready for some fun.
Book below to get an extra 5% off (Don't see the tour you want? Mention it in #TravelAgent and we'll share a link. We're giving away our affiliate commission until the end of 2022!)
We Will Guide You
Talk to us about your dream vacation! Let's go!
Browse Other Countries
A perfect pairing for the modern-day digital nomad. Text "INVITE" to +1 (810) 818-1815.