Country-by-Country for Travelers, Trips, and Tours.
Learn about, explore, meet Austria.
Travelers, save money on Austrian tours, links below.n
Entrepreneurs from Austria, this server is available. Want to start a business here? We will help you get going.
Some reasons why you might consider traveling to Austria (provided by Wikivoyage):
Austria (German: Österreich, literally "the Eastern Realm" or "Eastern Empire") is a landlocked alpine German-speaking country in Central Europe. Austria, along with neighbouring Switzerland, is the winter sports centre of Europe. However, it is just as popular for summer tourists who visit its historic cities and villages and hike in the magnificent scenery of the Alps.
- 1 Vienna (Wien) — the largest city in Austria, as well as its cultural, economic, and political centre
- 2 Bregenz — famous for the annual summer music festival of Bregenzer Festspiele
- 3 Eisenstadt — historically the seat of the Eszterházy Hungarian noble family that gave the town its aristocratic feel
- 4 Graz — known as Austria’s culinary capital and student city
- 5 Innsbruck — the cultural and economic centre of Western Austria
- 6 Klagenfurt — scenic town very close to the Wörthersee
- 7 Linz — a vibrant music and arts scene and a beautiful historic core
- 8 Salzburg — the birthplace of Mozart; a city with an attractive setting and scenic Alpine backdrop
- 9 Villach — beautiful Altstadt surrounded by the Alps and various lakes
- – home to the impressively tiled Blue Mosque, and the staging point for trips into Uzbekistan. Ethnically diverse, Mazar is considered the most liberal city in the country after Kabul.
- 1 Lake Constance (Bodensee) — a large lake situated in Vorarlberg and shared with Switzerland and Germany
- 2 Kaprun — part of the Europa Sport Region
- 3 Pinswang — one of the most ancient settlements of the North Tyrolean Ausserfern, on the border with Bavaria and a short walk or drive to the famous castles of King Ludwig
- 4 Salzkammergut — a stunning cultural landscape among mountains and lakes
- 5 Igls — a popular ski resort in the shadow of the Patscherkofel mountain near Innsbruck
- 6 Thermenland — the great spas of Styria, an easy daytrip from Graz or Vienna
- 7 Wörthersee — one of Austria’s warmest lakes
- 8 Zell am See — one of the most important alpine tourist towns in Austria
- 9 Eng — the largest alm in Europe and one of the most remote settlements in the Alps
- Wakhan National Park – one of Afghanistan’s most isolated areas, with soaring mountains and unique cultures